The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 27 December 2012

FFF58 - CAMEO WINE IRIS

This tall bearded  iris, from the family Iridaceae, is the cultivar Iris "Cameo Wine", hybridised by B. Blyth. The year of introduction was 1982. The plant is sterile and will not set seed, but is easily propagated by planting small pieces of the tuberous roots. It does well in full sun or sun to partial-shade and it should be watered regularly, but not over-watered. It flowers in early summer.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!

11 comments:

  1. never seen it. But it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous capture Nick - I do like the gentle blending of unusual colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful the irises and a wonderful colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. love irises ;-)
    have only just discovered your blog, but have become a follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the color of this iris--it matches the color of a shawl i got for Christmas.:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing blossoms, I love Iris ♥
    Wish you a nice weekend
    moni
    Please visit my blog:
    httü://www.reflexionblog.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry,
    please tell me, why my addlink don't work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Irises....the color is very delicate and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Iris, cant wait for Spring. I want to redo my garden. Long way off though so I will visit here instead
    Janice

    ReplyDelete